Grand Rapids Criminal Defense Lawyer
Grand Rapids, Michigan Criminal Trial Attorney
If you have been charged with a crime, your future may depend on the things you say and do in the first few days after police contact you. It's important not to talk to police or anyone else about the charges until you have spoken with an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
I am Grand Rapids criminal defense attorney James Champion. If you have been charged with a crime in western Michigan, I offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
To learn more about specific criminal charges, click on one of the links below:
- Sex crimes: While you have a right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, people tend to believe the victim in sex crime cases. This can only be overcome by an aggressive defense.
- Rape: If you have been charged with rape, you will need someone to step in between you and the authorities and manage the case for you. You should not attempt to talk to police.
- Child pornography: Just possessing child pornography — having it on your computer — is enough to put you in jail without the assistance of an aggressive and skilled attorney.
- Child sexual abuse: Sexual contact with someone under the age of 17 is criminal sexual conduct in Michigan, even if the sex was consensual.
- Domestic violence: To protect your reputation and your future, domestic violence charges need to be defended aggressively.
- Meth production/possession: Michigan authorities are cracking down on meth possession and production. As a result, you could be facing a substantial prison sentence if you are convicted.
- DUI second offense: A second DUI/OWI conviction will result in the loss of your ability to operate a motor vehicle in Michigan.
- Driver's license restoration: Most people don't realize how important it is to hire an attorney to represent you at a driver's license restoration hearing.
Talk to an Experienced Criminal Trial Lawyer Now. It's Free.
The sooner you contact an attorney, the better off you'll be. There is no cost to discuss your case with me, attorney James Champion. To schedule a telephone or in-person consultation, call 888-898-5831 or fill out the contact form on this website.