Immediate Defense From A Grand Rapids Attorney
If you have been charged with a crime, your future may depend on the things you say and do in the first few days after police contact you. It’s important not to talk to police or anyone else about the charges until you have spoken with an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
Serving Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo And Surrounding Areas
I am Grand Rapids criminal defense attorney James Champion. If you have been charged with a crime in western Michigan, you can rely on me to provide you with a solid defense against all of your charges. I also offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
An Experienced Trial Attorney Fighting For You
To learn more about specific criminal charges, click on one of the links below:
- Sex crimes: While you have a right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, people tend to believe the victim in sex crime cases. This can only be overcome by an aggressive defense.
- Rape: If you have been charged with rape, you will need someone to step in between you and the authorities and manage the case for you. You should not attempt to talk to police.
- Child pornography: Just possessing child pornography — having it on your computer — is enough to put you in jail without the assistance of an aggressive and skilled attorney.
- Child sexual abuse: Sexual contact with someone under the age of 16 is criminal sexual conduct in Michigan, even if the sex was consensual.
- Domestic violence: To protect your reputation and your future, domestic violence charges need to be defended aggressively.
- Meth production/possession: Michigan authorities are cracking down on meth possession and production. As a result, you could be facing a substantial prison sentence if you are convicted.
- DUI second offense: A second DUI/OWI conviction will result in the loss of your ability to operate a motor vehicle in Michigan.
- Driver’s license restoration: Most people don’t realize how important it is to hire an attorney to represent you at a driver’s license restoration hearing.
- Theft: Depending on how much property was stolen, theft charges can range from misdemeanors to felonies. Either way, it is important to put a lawyer behind you to protect your rights.
- Drug crimes: Being charged with possession or trafficking can impact your future forever. Do not let a drug charge tarnish your record permanently.
Murder Defense In West Michigan
Murder is the most serious offense you can be charged with. Putting an attorney in your corner who has dealt with these charges before is critical. I know what the prosecution will attempt to do in your case and will thoroughly investigate your case in order to build a strong defense against all of the accusations being thrown at you.
Talk To An Experienced Criminal Trial Lawyer Now For Free
The sooner you contact an attorney, the better off you’ll be. There is no cost to discuss your case with me, attorney James Champion. To schedule a telephone or in-person consultation, call 888-898-5831 or fill out the contact form on this website.