Grand Rapids Defense Attorney Handling White Collar Crimes
White collar crimes are pursued aggressively by federal prosecutors and government agencies. If you have been charged or even if you feel as though you are being investigated by law enforcement for a white collar crime, you need an experienced lawyer in your corner who has helped individuals in similar situations.
My name is James K. Champion, and I defend those charged with white collar crimes. While my law office is in Grand Rapids, I represent criminal defendants throughout west Michigan, including Battle Creek, Holland and Kalamazoo with their federal criminal charges. Contact my law office for a free initial consultation regarding your case.
Defending Those Charged With All Types Of White Collar Offenses
I have the knowledge and proven skills required to fight for you in the courtroom. No matter what type of white collar crime you have been charged with, I will assist you. You can rely on me for help with all types of federal white collar crimes, including:
- Fraud: Charges of fraud arise when you obtain property by false pretenses.
- Embezzlement: You could face embezzlement charges if you are entrusted with property and then steal that property.
- Money laundering: Money laundering charges arise when an individual attempts to hide the origins of illegally obtained money.
- Internet and computer crimes: There are many types of crimes involving the web and computers. If you use the Internet or a computer to carry out illegal activity, you could face these federal charges.
- Identity theft: Stealing the identity of another through credit card use, forging checks or attempting to use his or her Social Security number could lead to facing identity theft charges.
- Insider trading: It is illegal to trade stocks with inside information (nonpublic) as to how the market will react.
- RICO-related crimes: Criminal acts involving organized crime or “the mafia” will result in RICO charges.
Start Building Your Defense Now
If the government has already started to question you or investigate you in any way, you need to have a skilled attorney in your corner who will begin fighting to protect your rights immediately. I will begin to work with my team of financial experts, computer scientists and other professionals to build a solid defense to your claims, even if you have not been formally charged yet.
No matter what happens, do not speak to the police without first consulting with a skilled white collar criminal defense lawyer in Michigan.
Get The Defense You Need From A Grand Rapids Lawyer
If you are facing white collar criminal charges, it is time to consult with an experienced attorney. Put my skill and experience behind you. Contact my firm online or call me at 888-898-5831.