If you have been charged with or are being investigated for charges of embezzlement or fraud, contact my Michigan law office immediately. I am Grand Rapids criminal law attorney James K. Champion, and I am ready to fight to protect your rights.
Michigan Embezzlement Defense Lawyer Based In Grand Rapids
Embezzlement charges can originate if you are entrusted with property or money by a business or an individual and are then accused of stealing that money or property. These charges can become very complicated and can arise from many different situations, including:
- Computer fraud: The use of a computer to commit any type of fraud will result in a computer fraud charge.
- Credit card fraud: Using another’s credit card number without his or her permission will result in a credit card fraud charge.
- Bad checks: Bad checks arise when you attempt to write a check on someone else’s account or draft a check with insufficient funds to cover your purchase.
- Forgery: Creating false documents or signing another’s signature for your own personal gain can result in forgery charges.
- Tax evasion or tax fraud: Failing to report income or in other ways lying to the IRS can result in tax evasion or tax fraud charges.
- Bank fraud: Bank fraud occurs when you illegally gain possession of money through a financial institution. It can also arise when you pretend to be a financial institution in order to gain other people’s money.
- Counterfeiting: Manufacturing a “fake” product and selling it under a recognized brand name is counterfeiting.
If you have been accused of embezzlement or any type of fraud listed above in Michigan, you could face serious penalties, including jail, large fines, community service and even prison.
Fighting Charges Of Fraud Throughout Grand Rapids
No matter what type of fraud you are being investigated for or have been charged with, I can assist you through the process. By fighting the prosecution at every turn, I can help to minimize the consequences you face and will strive to have your charges eliminated. Whether you are facing accusations of securities fraud, health care fraud, business fraud, insurance fraud or any other type of white collar crime, you can rely on my experience to protect your rights in court.
Talk To An Experienced Grand Rapids And Kalamazoo Embezzlement Defense Lawyer
To schedule a free, telephone or in-person consultation, call 888-723-0075 or contact my credit card fraud and embezzlement law office online.